Help Keep Charlotte Beautiful (KCB) send a message to Charlotte County residents by producing a full color drawing or painting on the theme of “Keep Charlotte Beautiful.” Students, Grade K-12, will visualize a correct environmental action and transfer that mental picture into a work of art. Possible ways of expanding on this theme could include: litter prevention, clean-up campaigns, beautification efforts (tree planting or landscaping with native plants, protecting the environment or recycling. Thirteen winners (includes a cover winner) will have their artwork and portrait photo featured in a full-color 2019 calendar to be released in summer of 2018.
- Each of the 12 First Place Winners will receive a certificate plus a $50 gift certificate and the cover winner will receive a $100 gift certificate.The 12th grade winner will receive a $250 college scholarship, in addition to the first place award.
- Honorable Mention winners (13) artwork will be featured in the calendar and they will receive a certificate and be invited to the awards ceremony.
- An award ceremony will be held in the Late April/ Early May (date to be announced later).
- Special KCB committee of community representatives.
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS: March 1, 2018 (Winners announced by early April)
- Each entry must have a completed Entry Form TAPED ONLY to back side.
- Only original artwork with original content will be accepted. NO LOGOS OR COMMERCIAL NAMES, PLEASE
- Horizontal formats only. SIZE 8.5” X 11” or 11” X 17”.
- Art work should be in full color.
- No mats or frames (they will be removed).
- No more than two (2) entries per person.
- Only one artist per entry.
- No 3-dimensional work (sculpture, bas-relief) entries.
Artwork may be mailed or delivered to:
Port Charlotte FL 33980
(office is located at the Charlotte County Environmental Campus.)